Remote position in TX
Under general supervision of a team manager or other supervisor, the Title Abstractor/Examiner examines and interprets non-complex public records related to real property to determine condition of title; assists or clears in clearing routine defects in the title in order that property can be transferred in a timely manner with minimal risk to the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- – Completes abstract search for real property in the State of Texas using online Title Plant.
- – Thoroughly examines and abstracts records and documents from title search, preliminary report, chain of title, or an order on non-complex property interests to determine the condition of title.
- – Opens and maintains orders placed by customers.
- – Advises and assists customers in clearing any title defects, and within limits, makes decisions as to insurability of title based on policy, precedent, an d applicable laws. Refers complex problems and high liability cases to supervisor or more senior title officer.
- – May produce title insurance policy and arrange recordings, based on information from parties involved.
- – Advises client teams, both in writing and orally, as to status, defects, requirements, etc., for issuing title insurance policy.
- – May provide special customer services, e.g., conducting training sessions for customer on title insurance.
- – Working knowledge of: real property laws, examining and underwriting policies and procedures, title insurance policies, endorsements, services, and pricing.
- – Analytical ability sufficient to perform tasks that are varied and short term requiring concentration, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- – Ability to accurately compile and interpret information affecting status of title to real property.
- – Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in person and by telephone, to interact effectively with others, and to meet constant deadlines.
- – Ability to operate office equipment including: telephone, facsimile, copier, a personal computer, common office suite software such as word processing, Excel spreadsheet, and database applications.
- High school graduate with two to three years of experience working with non-complex title records and common title defects in any combination of title searching, abstracting, underwriting, and examination. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, or a related field is desirable.